Matcha tea is one of the most powerful teas in the world.
Just one cup of Matcha tea is equivalent to drinking 10 glasses of green tea!
Therefore, this tea is extremely high in anti-oxidants is not only a superfood for your body, but also for your skin. It helps the aging process and can play a major role in preventing major diseases. The amount of antioxidants in Matcha tea is 20% more than what we get from blueberries and pomegranates.
(Info from link above)
“Even better, matcha also contains a unique, potent class of antioxidant known as catechins, which arent found in other foods. In particular, the catechin EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate) provides potent cancer-fighting properties. Most importantly, EGCg and other catechins counteract the effects of free radicals from the likes of pollution, UV rays, radiation, and chemicals, which can lead to cell and DNA damage. Since over 60% of the catechins in matcha are actually EGCg, a daily matcha regimen can help restore and preserve the bodys integral well-being and balance.”
~ How does it help you to detox?
- Matcha tea helps you to detox by cleansing your body through an element called chlorophyll. This element is known to help you eliminate chemicals and metals from your body that we ingest everyday from simple tasks, such as drinking out of plastic water bottles.
~How does it help to burn calories?
- Matcha tea helps you to increase your metabolism as well as to decrease the amount of fat that you have in your body. If used according the directions, the tea is a great and safe way to aid in process of weight-loss.
~ How does it promote feeling calm?
Matcha is rich in L-Theanine, a rare amino acid that actually promotes a state of relaxation and well-being by acting upon the brains functioning. While stress can induce beta wavesan excited, more agitated stateL-Theanine creates alpha waves, which lead to a state of relaxed alertness. And while L-Theanine is common in all tea, matcha may contain up to five times more of this amino acid than common black and green teas. As an additional benefit, L-Theanine may help memory and learning and ability all the while inhibiting any possible side-effects from caffeine, a natural component of green tea. Therefore, a bowl of matcha promotes concentration and clarity of mind without any of the nervous energy found in coffee. Try matcha as a pick-me-up for the afternoon or anytime you need extra focus.
*Here are the full list of benefits stated by Matchasource.com
- Is packed with antioxidantsincluding the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms and relaxes
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Fights against viruses and bacteria
- Is rich in fiber
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Does not raise insulin levels