The healthiest way to make pasta, is to simply use no pasta at all!
This can be done with a vegetable spiralizer. They can be purchased at any home-goods store (bed bath & beyond, target, amazon etc).
We often don’t get enough veggie intake during the day to our busy lifestyles. The snacks that we take on the go, such as protein bars, aren’t high in the greens and nutrients that give us our essential vitamins and energy to make it through the day.
Greens are high in vitamin K which can help prevent blood clots. They can also boost your bone health and are preventive against cancer.
But what if I told you that you can redeem all of these benefits from a creamy Italian dish? Who’s in?
-Zuchinni and Squash
– 1 Garlic Clove
– Le Grand Vegan Garden Pesto (found at Whole Foods)
– Olive Oil
– Sea salt
– Vegan Daiya Mozzarella Cheese
– Spiralize one zucchini and one squash for one serving. Add more of each vegetable for a larger serving. If you are not interested in purchasing a spiralizer, you can often get vegetable pasta at Whole Foods.
– Place some olive oil on the stove and let it simmer at a medium heat.
– While the olive oil is warming up, chop up one clove of garlic and then place it in the pan.
– Add the spiralized “pasta” to the pan and throw in a pinch of sea salt to keep the flavor of the vegetables.
– While the vegetables are are softening, chop up your desired amount of tomato and spinach and fold it into the pasta on the pan.
– Add one teaspoon of oregano and test the “pasta” to make sure that it is soft enough for your liking.
– Pour the pasta mixture into a bowl and add your desired amount of pesto and mix in until the pasta mixture is covered.
– Add in Daiya cheese to taste and enjoy your 100% guilt-free vegan Italian dish!