Sarrah Crow is a lifelong animal lover and foodie. She dedicates her life to promoting safe and happy lives for animals by using only cruelty-free products, eating a vegan diet, and volunteering at an animal shelter. She can be found on Twitter (@sarrahcrow) and Instagram (sarsaparilla.jane).
Mindfulness Fam– Make sure to send our contributing writer, Sarrah, some love by following her on Instagram and giving this beautiful recipe a “thumbs up” and a kind comment!
Now back to the recipe ….
Sometimes mornings are so hectic that you don’t have enough time to cook a good, healthy breakfast.
Or maybe you just really don’t feel like cooking that morning (I know I’ve definitely been there). However, we all still share the want to be healthy.
This recipe is great for those mornings where you are in a rush because with these simple ingredients, you can make enough for a few days out. You can also easily store it and just quickly assemble the different parts on a hectic (or lazy) morning.
The most important trick that I can offer you would be to make the cashew cream the night before. This way, the only “cooking” aspect of this recipe, it to simply place the ingredients in your mason jar.
You can throw it in a mason jar with a lid and eat it whenever!
You can put whatever nuts and seeds you want in the granola as well, so you really have so much freedom with this recipe and it will definitely be your new favorite quick and easy breakfast!
If this sounds like a dream come true to you, keep reading to get the recipe:
– (Recommended) Nuts & Seeds:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
– Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp agave or maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Your favorite! Choose at least two.
- Put all the nuts and seeds in a food processor and lightly process. Be careful not to process it too fine! You want granola, not flour.
- Add all the cashew cream ingredients to a blender until smooth. Remember to soak the cashews the night before you plan to eat this!
- Parfaits are all about layers. Layer however you want! I recommend from top to bottom: fruit, granola, cashew cream, granola, fruit.
If you would like to be a contributing writer for The Mindfulness Mission Magazine, just like Sarrah, please complete our Google Form in the “Contributing Writer Program!“ tab or e-mail Samantha at email@example.com